Friday, July 16, 2010

The Journey

+++
+++
+++
+++
+++
We made it! I can't believe that after 14 years, I am back here and that my kids will finaly see this country that I have been telling them all about.
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++

Check out the new sunglasses Bestemor had waiting for these two:





























So, after sending Steve pictures from our trip.... I am informed that I am fired! This is the reason why I am fired (the two pictures I took from the trip itself):



Here are the kids Wednesday morning in Stockholm Sweeden:



And here they are on SAS flying from Chicago to Stockholm (a 9 hour flight):


Brutally absent, as it clearly has been pointed out to me, are pictures of the airplanes themselves, the wings, engines, view from the windows.... etc. It did not even occur to me to take those pictures and I realize I must repent before coming back home to face my aviation obsessed husband. :)


I must say how wholy impressed I was with the service of Scandinavian Airlines (SAS). The kids watched movies or played video games almost the whole flight. The flight attendants went above and beyond. We received two meals, one snack, the kids received toys and candy, at one point a stuart in a chef's uniform presented me with a tray of baby food and formula to chose from, they brought me a quilted baby sleeping bag, and throughout the night walked up and down the aisles offering water to everyone. Being that it was Scandinavian airline, the flight attendants did, however, mostly speak Norwegian or Swedish to the passangers and the kids got a feel for the environment they would soon be in.

2 comments:

The Bronson Bunch said...

Those are some lucky kids to be able to go to Europe! I hope you have a safe and fun trip. I look forward to your updates on here! We need to get together when you get back to Utah!

Hannah Price said...

Thanks Jessica! I would LOVE to get together with you guys again.
Yes, the kids are very lucky tp have grandparents that insisted they visit.