Sunday, August 10, 2008

Grouse Creek, Birthday PartyFamily Reunion, Horse Riding, Back to school shopping and more....


What a fun time we've had this past week!!!














It started with our Family Re-union... something the kids look forward to all year long. Since Steve was not able to take the time off from school, he flew up to West Jordan on Wednesday night with M. After a nice dinner out with the whole family, Steve flew back leaving Michael with grandma and grandpa, a day before I drove up with the girls.

The weather in Grouse Creek was unbearably hot during the day and uncomfortably cold at night. But, ...horse riding, playing with the cousins, good food, and ...did I mention horse riding?... made it all worth it.

One of my favorite things to do in Grouse Creek:












K










M and E and
O




And... of course, because Steve wasn't there, I had to get a flat tire. Luckily Steve's cousin Brian was there and very helpful (he did kind of owe us - since Steve and I set him up with his wife of over 10 years now). I didn't have to do much and someone in Grouse Creek patched my tire - free of charge. It was very nice service.



After the family reunion, the kids and I decided to stay a few extra days with grandma & grandpa in Riverton. It was wonderful to see old friends and neighbors again! I hadn't realized how much I missed it up there until I was there again.

Those few days went way too quick though. With school starting again on August 18th, I had lots of back-to-school shopping to do - that couldn't be done in Cedar City. So while the kids played with friends and cousins, Olivia, grandma and I ran errands. Our first stop... to get O some "sparkly earings" - she was actually really excited to do this.


Pretty earings!!!

Cousin E turned eight on our last day in Grouse Creek - so what could be better than a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese's on Monday?!

Ka and E also got to play a little at Sonja's house with the Escobar cousins. But our time was way to short!


E and Cousin M







Cousin A and O make cute fairies!

















Fun on the tramp with J and A






We left Salt Lake on Wednesday morning, after a brief stop at IKEA - of course - and made it home in abt. 4 hours. It was so great to see everyone again - the time was too short. Hopefully we will be able to come up again - ...when the cost of gas goes down, and when Steve can come too!

No comments: