Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Venues, Making Cookies, and Studying

Thought I would just share the diversity of interests going on in our house right now.

While Steve was in his own zone ...studying for his test with the FAA (to get his instrument ratings), K, lacking things to do, thought she should fix my hair: .......


...in PIGGY TAILS???

The bad thing was that the Primary President came to our house, and I had forgotten how my hair looked and talked as if I didn't look like a "wanna bee" 1o year old ...-she did give me a strange look...





After watching some of the Women's Olympic Gymnastics, the kids decided to take some blankets and hold their own gymnastic venue in the drive way across the street (good thing those houses are still empty)











After all this fun, time to check on Steve - what is he still doing?...

Oh! Still studying...

So we decided to make some cookies and got busted in the act.















This morning I decided to make some zucchini bread and since O had already developed a taste for cooking, she insisted on helping me.



She wasn't counting on the noise of the wheat grinder though. She was yelling on the top of her lungs "turn it off, turn it off!!"

But we managed to grind a few cups of wheat anyway.

3 comments:

R Clan said...

You are so cute. How fun! I have answered the door quite a few times when my daughter has styled my hair. Yours looks much better than mine has. lol :)

The Bronson Bunch said...

Looks like fun at your house! Karlee keeps asking for Katrina to come over and play! HA HA HA! I guess we really need to find a way to come visit! Oh, and I tagged you! Check out my blog.

FitzFam4ever said...

Seth and I are having so much fun looking at your blog. What a great entry. I love your hair! You could pass for a 16 year old! You look awesome! I hope Steve is doing well in school. The kids are so brave to do gymnastics on the cement! I'm waiting for some of your cookies and bread!